Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sarah, this blog's for you

My roommie Sarah called my blog a "dead blog", just cause I hadn't written on it in over a week. Well Sarah, here it is alive and kicking and here is a song inspired by Elf.

I'm singing, I'm writing my blog because Sarah thinks I should and I'm siiiiiingiiiiing!

I think I've maybe over thought this blog thing. I keep looking for an angle, but I guess I should just write whatever comes to me and if it's not interesting then I won't get any comments, but if it is maybe people will add me to their google reader. What I am really good at is making lists. So here are some lists from the mind of yours truly.

Things that make me happy:
the song Lasagna by Cherie Call that I am listening to right now.
daffodils
Cadbury Chocolate

Sunny days in the Spring
Talking to my nieces on the phone
an Italian accent
an Irish accent
gelato
laughing with my roommates
red walls
text messages
blog comments (usually!)

Things I don't care for and some things I detest:
people driving under the speed limit!
talking to people while I'm in a bathroom stall
being cold
homework
Chef Boyardee Mac and Cheese from a can
slow computers
splinters

Ok that pretty much sums up the last few months of my life. :)
If you'd like to reply with your own lists it would make me happy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great insight. Now I will know not to talk to you while you are in the stall! I talk to people all the time in bathrooms. :)

jennifer said...

I hear you on that bathroom stall thing. I've never really understood what compels people to continue talking when it's obvious the other person is otherwise occupied. Case in point: at my grandmother's funeral last January, I entered the powder room for more than just powdering. Another woman came in and began expressing her condolences to me. Sweet sentiment, but is this really the place? The kicker is she didn't need to use the ladies' room for conceivable purpose than for starting up a conversation!

Kimberly said...

I found you! I love your blog's name, by the way. Something that makes me happy is blogging and finding other friends' blogs as well. It's sort of like having pen pals, but better!

I don't like talking to other people in the bathroom either! Except that just to bug Jennifer sometime, I'm planning to strike up a really intense conversation the next time we're in neighboring stalls.

Just kidding.

Kimberly said...

I hope that is my Jennifer. I just now realized that maybe it is another Jennifer, but I think it must be mine because how many Jennifers can you know who attended their grandmother's funeral last January?