Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Faves

So I've been living in Salt Lake for almost two years now! That is crazy to me, I never thought I would live here, but it's close enough to home without being too close to home. Since living here I've discovered some fun places, so here is a list of my favorite shops in SLC.

Granato's and Dolcetti Gelati

Amazingly Salt Lake has a great little Italian community and I can't get enough of the food. Granato's has a great deli and delcious foccacia. There are four locations but the one I go to is in Holladay at 4044 South 2700 East.




Dolcetti Gelato is a bit closer to my house and I go there a bit more often, ok a lot. Their gelatos and sorbettos are the bomb and have less fat than ice cream, no joke! Go there 1751 S. 1100 E. http://markenglandart.com/dolcettigelato/index.htm

After you enjoy your Gelato head a few block down to Abode, a funky little consignment shop. Cuter than a thrift store but cheaper than an antique store. 1720 S. 900 E. http://abodepfm.com/index.cfm


Ten Thousand Villages is a fascinating little gift shop with fair trade gifts from all over the world. Shop and feel good about it.










Cactus and Tropicals-2735 S. 2000 E. It has plants of course I love it, but it just doesn't have plants it has plants with pizazz. Buy anything from Geraniums to Orchids.











And for Breakfast try Eggs in the City 1300 S. 1700 E. The blintzes are great! or go to Scandia Kaffe House 1693 S. 900 E.-Delicious pastries and food from my homeland!

2 comments:

jennifer said...

One year for Christmas I bought nearly every gift I needed from Ten Thousand Villages. Love it, and I love the cause.

Angela J said...

Wow! It looks like I'll have to spend a day or two eating and shopping in SLC the next time I'm in Utah.