Thursday, May 8, 2008

To Blog or not to Blog...

So one of my favorite new activities is blog surfing. At least that is what I am calling it. At the top of every Blogger blog on the left side is a link that says Next Blog. I just click that and it takes me to a random blog that was just updated in cyberspace. I have found a vast array of blogs ranging from family blogs to art and photography blogs to business blogs to very strange and undescribable blogs. It's so interesting. And there is a suprising number of LDS blogs out there as well, I mean considering how few mormons there are in the world-they like their blogging. So what I think I'm going to start doing is adding a link to a blog of the week that I've "discovered" blog surfing, so you can enjoy them too.

So why do I like looking at strangers blogs? I don't know- I just find people fascinating. Like C.S. Lewis, the most quoted non-Mormon general authority, said, "We read to know we're not alone." I think that is true. We also blog to know we aren't alone. We write in hopes of people reading our blogs and responding to them. It's human nature. And what did people do before blogs? Well of course there have been books for a long time, but for the less educated it started with cave wall painting, then grafitti and then writing on bathroom stalls, a legacy that continues today. Oh I've read a lot of interesting (and suprisingly mostly non -perverted) stuff on the stalls in the Marriott Library. Stall 3 is like a 3D blog with people making comments about other people's "posts".

So to wrap this up, I've really enjoyed my blog and the feedback I've gotten from it. I'm most definitely not alone!

3 comments:

Janet said...

Dear Amber,

As I was reading your fabulous blog, it made me realize how much fun you were/are! Man, I miss that--not many like Amber in the world.

And you are right, many mormons blog, but alas, your's (to me anyway)is most interesting.

Cheers to Amber!

Amber said...

Thanks J,
I could say the same about you. I hope we can see each other soon! After I get the whole summer job thing worked out maybe we can plan something!

Keeping Up With the Jones said...

Yay! I finally found your blog. Looks like fun!