Friday, May 30, 2008

Festival Time

In two short days it will be June, my favorite month of the year. It's not my favorite just because the weather is lovely or because so many things are flowering. I also love it because it's Festival time. All kinds of festivals are going on around Utah and I plan to go to many of them. Here's a list of what I want to go to this June.

Art City Days-June 7-14th! This is Springville's time to shine. There is a carnival and other activities, including a hot air balloon festival and a Children's Art Festival (June 13th) at the Museum, leading up to the "big" parade on Sat the 14th. As kids we'd always sit in front of the Museum and watch the parade go by. We made sure to always sit in the front row so we could catch any candy that people would throw from the floats passing by. It was great!




Utah Scottish Festival and Highland Games-also June 13-14th at Thanksgiving Point. Ah there is nothing like a man in a kilt. I've never been to this festival before so I can't wait to see what it is going to be all about. Plus I am partly Scottish so that should bump up my enjoyment of the activities as well

Ok this photo was mostly for my benefit, isn't Gerald Butler dreamy?


Swedish Midsummer's Festival-June 21st at the International Peace Park 1060 S. 900 W. in Salt Lake. This is a celebration of the Summer Solstice. You put flowers in your hair and dance around a maypole, correction midsummer's pole, and then gorge yourself on a Swedish smorgÄsbord. It's delightful.




2 comments:

Brenda said...

Those sounds like a blast!!! And I especially like the picture of Gerald Butler - or whoever he is :) I know this is weird to admit - but sometimes a man in a kilt with a sword - looks manly :) Especially with those hairy legs - ha, ha

jennifer said...

These kinds of festivals are right up my alley. Too bad my geographic alley is many hundreds of miles from all of them. I'll have to find some entertainment around here.